Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Well today is such a SPECIAL day for all the mommies and mommies to be, to be recognized. Living in Georgia has made me realize how much I DO miss my momma:) My momma is one special person and its such an honor to be her daughter. This weekend was pretty eventful. Yesterday my cousin her husband and I decided that it would cool to head to Brunswick Georgia and visit an old plantation home. It was such a GORGEOUS day outside, that we HAD to be outside. It was hot, but there was a breeze every once in a while that we sure took advantage of or the awesome shade trees that were on the property. The plantation was lived on until 1973 until the state of Georgia bought it. Stefanie and I thought well since we are going to a plantation today we will wear cute little sundresses and we are so glad we did, because we stayed cool for the most part. After the tour of the actual house we went and did a nature hike to look at the marsh lands, but that was short lived when we were getting attacked by bugs. Jeff had knee surgery about a month ago so he is walking with a cane and I have never seen him walk so fast as I did when the bugs started biting him. When we got back to the car, we were pondering on the idea of getting back on the main highway or taking a scenic route, well the toursity people we are we took the scenic route. We saw the smallest church in America, but of course Mr. Speed Demon was going to fast and we didn't get to stop and take pictures. Stefanie and I thought you could maybe fit the Pastor and yourself in there. Since Mr. Speed Demon was going so fast it was just a blur, but in reality I don't think it would have been much bigger if we were driving the speed limit, that's how small it was. When we got back to the house we cooked an awesome dinner of pork chops, green bean casserole, and garlic butter rice....it was VERY good! Our bellies were full just in time to watch the NASCAR race. My driver Kasey Kahne was doing good up until he ran into the back of someone which caused him to finish low in the standings...oh well he is still very yummy:) Today we are going to pick up a new sleigh bed for my room that I ordered so I am pretty excited about that:) I will finally get the mattress and box springs off the floor:) I hope everyone has a GREAT day with their mommies today! I will leave you with some pictures of the plantation we went and visited yesterday.








No comments:

Post a Comment